Think about the quality of data in your software (completeness and accuracy)
The quality of your data has an impact on your efficiency and to a potential purchaser, can affect the perceived value of your business.
How can I improve data integrity in my systems?
- Publish a minimum level data entry policy and a data integrity statement. These two will ensure staff understands the value you have placed on completeness and accuracy moving forward.
- Ensure your business processes include software instructions
Be proactive and test the quality of your data
- Periodically scan your software for incomplete records. For example create lists of clients:
- without a category (segment)
- with missing contact details (address, phone, email)
- with missing title, gender, dates of birth
- Data feed admin – This can be a huge time sponge – ensure it is proactively administered
- If customizing your system, leverage existing features. This will ensure that when vendors enhance their core solution, your work carries forward.
Keen on more tips? Let’s chat!